Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default cell location containing specific text

SoHo in New York City means South of Houston (as in Houston Street).
It is somewhat to the north of Little Italy and to the north and west
of the Lower East Side.

The East Village is north of both SoHo, the Lower East Side, and
Little Italy...

Dave

On Apr 8, 4:22 pm, "Ragdyer" wrote:
I know exactly what it is!<g

Grew up on the "Lower East Side", next to "Little Italy", in what I believe
they now call SoHo (*nothing* like London's).
My old neighborhood is now the VILLAGE EAST.

Believe me, those motion pictures are pretty accurate!

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message

RD

It's a "goodfellas" term.

Is that where you became a "made man"<g

Gord

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:31:22 -0700, "RagDyeR"

wrote:

Haven't even thought about that word (spelling doesn't count) since I was
growing up in N.Y. in the 50's.<vbg- Hide quoted text -