Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Date Codes

Right click a date in the pivot table and select group and show detail, then
select group and months and years. That will create 2 columns, one with
years and one with months

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to use the Pivot table tools to build charts.

My date format is 01-Jan-06 and I need to parse the entries as month
and year otherwise when I select the date column as an axis for my
charts all of the dates are shown. Is there a formula to convert the
date column into two new columns one for Month and one for Year to
save me from having to manually create the columns?

Thanks,