Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Copy data from pivot table using relative reference

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

hello wrote:
Wait -- I think I got it. All I have to do is type =, the sheet name, and the
relative cell reference. Hope it works after I refresh all the data..

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Just amend the absolute in the formula created by GetPivotData to a
relative as far as the row is concerned
e.g. change $A$5 to $A5.
Sometimes GetPivotData will refer to a particular label, which you may
also need to change to a cell relative reference.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"hello" wrote in message

Hello

I have created a pivot table, and I would like to extract data from it
for
further calculations (basically, summing, subtracting, etc the columns
that
are in the pivot table). If I use "getpivotdata", or simply refer to
the cell
with the "=" sign, excel returns the value in that cell with an
absolute
reference. I need relative references, so I can copy down the whole
length of
the table. If there is an easier way to do this, that would be nice as
well.

Thank you

--
Debra Dalgleish