Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
edju edju is offline

Default Sum question

One more thing since people work diffrent hours per day the # of hours wgich
proceed the "S" would have to vary.
"edju" wrote:

I have an Excel document which has in the cell at the top of the column the
number of paid time off hours an employee gets each year (300). At the end
of each pay period I subtract out any time someone has taken off. For
instance if someone used 40 hours I put a "-40" in the corresponding cell.
At the bottom of the coulmn there is a cell that reads balance and it is
calculated by using =sum(C2:C32). I want to be able to have it included when
someone calls out sick. I want to be able to put "-8S" in the cell and have
the eight hours subtracted out. How do I get in to recognize when I put an
"S" in the cell?

Thanks much!