Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default prevent an image from being deleted or replaced

How do you run a macro to ensure that macros are enabled if macros aren't
enabled? Perhaps I didn't understand you.

You may have heard of the technique of hiding all worksheets except a cover
worksheet which displays a message that macros must be enabled to use the wb.
If the wb is opened with macros enabled then this cover worksheet is
automatically hidden and the others are automatically displayed via wb_open
event code. Then, when the wb is closed, the cover worksheet is automatically
activated and the others hidden via wb_beforeclose event code. So, if the wb
is opened with macros disabled then only the cover worksheet will be seen.

Regards,
Greg

"andyc" wrote:

Even making it difficult is OK, I was thinking running a macro (to
ensure macros are enabled) which would then run a macro to check if the
image e.g. logo is placed in a particular cell called logo? if not
disable the worksheet by hiding them?

Thanks!

JLatham;477472 Wrote:
In reality? No. At best you could make it a little difficult by
protecting
the worksheet with a password, but password protection of workbooks and

worksheets is notoriously weak and easily removed.

If your worksheet is really a super dooper wonder tool of commercial
value
and you want to do what you can to protect your intellectual property,
then
you might look into some of the Excel "compiler"s on the market - do a
Google
search for Excel compilers and you'll find some. Their quality varies,
as
does their compatibility with all features of Excel, along with their
price.
From the very little I've researched on them, they are also pretty much

unable to handle adding/deleting rows/columns on sheets in a dynamic
fashion
- so if your process involves any of that, it's going to be difficult
to find
one that will work for you. Also, these are not one-button solutions,
you
usually have to do some setup and definition of input/output cells
during the
compilation process. The other option is to recreate the functionality
of it
in another language such as VB or C.

"andyc" wrote:
-

Hi,

Is it possible to prevent an image from being removed or deleted from

sheet, its our logo and need to ensure the workbook is not copied

etc.

Thanks,

Andy

--