Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default using data from one sheet to another

Thank you form pointing that out Dave. I did not know that and with my bank
balance I should have noticed it before. A quick Google gave me:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999E+307,Sheet1!H:H)

or as seems to becoming more popular:

=LOOKUP(99^99,Sheet1!H:H)

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Unless that last number is 0.

Sandy Mann wrote:

Assuming that by "a budget" you mean a checkbook type account where the
present balance is continually calculated down the page then try
something
like:

=LOOKUP(2,1/Sheet1!H1:H1000,Sheet1!H1:H1000)

This will return the last number in Column H

Adjust the range to suit, (it can be bigger than you will ever use). You
can use the sheet name that you rename the sheets to but if the sheet
name
has a space within it like, January 2007, then enclose the actual name in
single quotes: 'January 2007'

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Debbie" wrote in message
Hi

I want to keep a running balance in a budget , month on month and I
understand that its not best to use an accumalator. I was advised to
have
twelve separate tabs which is fine and I have copied the sheet to the
next
tab but I don't know how to link cells from one sheet to another. Can
anyone
help please, and yes I am an absolute beginner.

Thanks
--
Deb

--