andyc andyc is offline
Junior Member

Even making it difficult is OK, I was thinking running a macro (to ensure macros are enabled) which would then run a macro to check if the image e.g. logo is placed in a particular cell called logo? if not disable the worksheet by hiding them?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLatham View Post
In reality? No. At best you could make it a little difficult by protecting
the worksheet with a password, but password protection of workbooks and
worksheets is notoriously weak and easily removed.

If your worksheet is really a super dooper wonder tool of commercial value
and you want to do what you can to protect your intellectual property, then
you might look into some of the Excel "compiler"s on the market - do a Google
search for Excel compilers and you'll find some. Their quality varies, as
does their compatibility with all features of Excel, along with their price.
From the very little I've researched on them, they are also pretty much
unable to handle adding/deleting rows/columns on sheets in a dynamic fashion
- so if your process involves any of that, it's going to be difficult to find
one that will work for you. Also, these are not one-button solutions, you
usually have to do some setup and definition of input/output cells during the
compilation process. The other option is to recreate the functionality of it
in another language such as VB or C.

"andyc" wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to prevent an image from being removed or deleted from a
sheet, its our logo and need to ensure the workbook is not copied etc.

Thanks,

Andy

--
andyc