Debra Dalgleish

Add a third field, e.g. "TypeCount", and enter a 1 for each record.

Add that field to the pivot table, then you'll be able to create the
calculated field using Fail/TypeCount

wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to get a pivot table to include a "% of an item" and I
cannot get to work. Simplified, my database is: 2 columns - Type
(e.g. A,B,C ...) & Fail. Fail is 0 or 1. My pivot table setup is:
Row is Type and Data is Count of Type and Sum of Fail. These both
work. What I cannot get to work is "percentage fail" which is (Sum
of Fail)/(Count of Type). I've tried Calculated Field and
"PivotTable Field show data as" with no luck. How do I get to the
Percentage Fail?

Thanks
JB

--