Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How do I have data bars WITHOUT the clour fading to the right?

The data bars are designed to fade in this way. If you're a perfectionist,
these are not a great tool, since the length of the bars isn't really
proportional to the cell values. Don't believe me? Enter 0, 0.1, ..., 1.0
into a range, and format the range with data bars. The cell with zero still
has a bar with finite length; in fact the bar lengths in this range are
described by (Value-Min+delta)/(Max-Min+2*delta), where delta is around
0.1*(Max-Min).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"MentalDan" wrote in message
It's not very much, but I'm going crazy because of this.

When you choose to display data bars for your data- say I choose blue data
bars- the data bars appear, just that there is a gradient; they fade from
blue to white to the right.

This makes it hard to see where the bars end (I'm not a perfectionist
really, I swear) and when your cells are coloured anyway, like mine are,
it's
hard to tell where the bars end!

AAAARRH! Can anyone help me?!