Ken Wright

Cheers Harlan - Never considered trying it without explicitly specifying
dates. Got me curious though, so I went back and tried it with a different
date format, ie YDM, eg 2005/18/01 and it wouldn't work, so I guess it's OK
as long as the date is formatted the way the machine expects to see it, but
otherwise you need to be explicit in telling it what format it's in.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ken Wright wrote...
Select dates and do Data / Text To Columns, then in the wizard choose

the
appropriate date option for your column

Picky - Data Text to Columns, select Fixed width then immediately
click Finish would also work.