Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Simple formula

I always advise against using an accumulator, which is what you've
described, because a single error in data entry can cause an
unrecoverable loss of accuracy.

But if you insist:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

In article ,
Debbie wrote:

Hi

Sorry dont think I explained myself clear enough I had tried that I will try
to duplicate below
B2 C2 D2 E2 F2 G2
H2
Name Act Bud variance YTD Act YTD Bud
YTD variance
Stationary 265.33 350.00 84.67 3,450.34 3,211.38 -238.96

I want to be able to enter a new total into C2 every month and for it to
automatically update F2. I started this spreadsheet half way through the
year and so in F2 I originally put =3194.01+C2 but now I realise that I
would have to change this every month as well and as I have 74 rows it would
take to long If you can help further I would be grateful

Thanks

Deb