Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Flanagan Bob Flanagan is offline

Default Excel 2003 problem opening existing spreadsheet

Could by chance you have hidden the workbook window and then saved it? If
so, it will open but be hidden. It sounds like you did as you didn't
mention that Excel is crashing. Click on Window, Unhide and see if the
workbook is there.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a spreadsheet that I can't open. When I double-click on it
Excel 2003 starts up but the spreadsheet doesn't open. It's just as
if the Excel application was started without any file open. The .xls
file size indicates my data is still there. My last update to it was
to add two worksheets - the 16th and 17th, I believe. One of them
contains a plot. The volume of data in the SS is not large. I have
no problem opening other .xls files, just this one. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Dick