Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Simple formula

Hi

Sorry dont think I explained myself clear enough I had tried that I will try
to duplicate below
B2 C2 D2 E2 F2 G2
H2
Name Act Bud variance YTD Act YTD Bud
YTD variance
Stationary 265.33 350.00 84.67 3,450.34 3,211.38 -238.96

I want to be able to enter a new total into C2 every month and for it to
automatically update F2. I started this spreadsheet half way through the
year and so in F2 I originally put =3194.01+C2 but now I realise that I
would have to change this every month as well and as I have 74 rows it would
take to long If you can help further I would be grateful

Thanks

Deb

--
Deb

"Debbie" wrote:

Hi

What formula do I need to use to create a running balance in my budget
spreadsheet i.e. I have 4 columns A = Name, B = Period Actual spend, C =
Period budget spend, D = Year to date actual spend. So I want to be able to
enter a value into B at the end of every month and D will automatically
change.

P.s. I'm a novice so I hope I explained myself ok?

--
Deb