Patrick G

Default Counting...

Hello - I have a counting question:
Given the following data -
use table1 use table2 use table 3 use table 4 use
table 5 etc..
dept1 contact TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE
dept1 contact TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE FALSE
dept1 contact FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE TRUE
dept2 contact TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE FALSE
dept2 contact FALSE TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE
etc..

I need to subtotal table use by department, counting all the TRUES. That's
not too hard by adding a column using the COUNTIF function, which I initially
did, but I end up double counting. I'm looking for a way to count an
instance of a table use for a department despite how many contacts in that
department use it.

Any help is greatly appreciated... PS: I really don't know VBA
Thanks!!!