Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Traye Traye is offline

Default Convert a Number Code to a Text Code

Okay I'm using a code of
L I G H T B R E A D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

So when I enter in for example 2.34 the code IGH would pop up

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can make a one time 2 columns table with the dollar values in
the left column and their text codes adjacent in the right column, you can
put it in a hidden sheet then just use something like

=IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,hidden_Sheet!A1:B50,2,0))

If you really mean converting you need to post more info since it is unclear
what logic you are using

Peo Sjoblom

"Traye" wrote in message
I am in the wholesale business and I am wanting to take a number code and
convert it to a text code. For example
$3.50 would equal GTD
Is there anyone who could help me with this issue. Thank You