Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patti Patti is offline

Default links not updating?

First - my apologies - I looked around a little bit to try to find out if
attachments were allowed and didn't see any mention of it.

Second - I did double check to ensure the links were pointing to the files
in the correct location. I found a good utility that helped me troubleshoot
this problem. http://www.robbo.com.au/ I was able to recreate all links and
it works fine now.
--
thx,
patti

"GoBobbyGo" wrote:

Lately, Excel (I have excel 2003 sp2) has stopped updating links to other
excel files.

When I open the file, I get the same old message about "this document
contains links to other excel files, do you want to update" and i hit yes.
but they don't update.

I can also go to edit--links and update the links there, and still they
don't update.

The two ways I know about to make them update are going to the linked cells
and F2--enter, which gets real cumbersome real fast, and opening the source
file and recalculating, which takes a LONG time.

Is there a setting I may have accidentally tweaked to cause this problem,
and a way to get my traditional methods of updating links to work again?