Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Creating a pareto chart

rahmad wrote on Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:57:02 +0800:

r "James Silverton" wrote in
r message ...
?? James wrote to rahmad on Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:03:20 -0400:
??
r "Yes,
JS I found it,but how to create the pareto chart.
JS I didn't understan how to create it.
JS You need a column of values and a column of bin limits
JS into which the occurences are counted. Why not try it for
JS yourself with a small set of data?
??
?? Perhaps I was a bit abrupt here but often the best way to
?? find out how things work is to try a simple case. Anyway,
?? the route in Office 2002 is ToolsData Analysis
?? Histogram. Range =location of data, bins, results. There
?? will be choices for Pareto and plotting.
??

Just to be sure, why don't you try a single column of points and
a column of bins? Just fill in randomly about 30 points with
values from 0 to 100, say, and have bins at 30, 60, 90, say. See
if that works and then I'll try to help with your data. At the
moment, I'm not really sure what you are trying to do.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not