Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy M Sandy M is offline

Default Quattro Pro Converter for Excel 2003

Hi Jim,

That registry entry did let me install the converter, but the Quattro
files
that we are trying to open are .wb1, not .wb3.

Are we just out of luck?

Thanks,

"Jim Rech" wrote:

MS did not release a converter that installs with Excel 2003 but the 2000
works fine with 2003.

To install the QP filter for Excel 2000 in Excel 2003 you have to make a
registry entry that makes the filter installer believe you have Excel 2000
installed.

Run Regedit and create this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\C ommon\InstallRoot

(You'll probably have to create the 9.0 branch under Office and then Common
under it, and InstallRoot under Common)

Then create a new string item named "Path" in the right panel with the value
being the path to your Office 2003 installation like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\"

Change the path to point to where you have Office 2003 installed if
different than the above.
--
Jim