Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TonyN TonyN is offline

Default Date format in Excel 2002

I have an application that downloads data to an Excel file, including a
column that is supposed to contain dates in mm/dd/yy format. It works well in
Excel 2000 and Excel 2003. But in Excel 2002, the data is completely messed
up - some are converted to dd/mm/yy format, some remain as text format. So
when I sort by that column, my sort is likewise messed up. Is there a default
value in Option-Tools in Excel 2002 that's making this happen? One common
pattern I notice is that - it becomes a problem for dd values that are less
than 12, which probably means Excel 2002 is un-certain whether it is a day or
a month. Anyone experience similar problem?