Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Need formula for dividing by "number of entries" in a column or ro

Can you help us a bit by posting the general row/column structure?

Example:
Row_1 contains dates beginning in cell B2
Col_A contains Company Names
etc

Meanwhile....here's something that may get you pointed in the right
direction...
This formula counts the number of Mondays in A1:A20
=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A20)=2))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

" wrote:

Hello there,

I am seeking a formula that will divide by the actual number of
entries in a row or column. For example, if I want the running
average of "requests for service" on Mondays in a year, but I am only
in week 27, then I can't very well get that figure by dividing by 52
weeks, I need a formula that totals the actual "number of entries" in
the row or column and uses that figure to divide the total number of
"requests for service" of all Mondays so far.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this problem.

Thanks,
Tim