Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Find the differences in 2 columns

One way: =MATCH(A2,$B$2:$B$100,0) and fill down to the end of your column A
(and adjust the range of column B to suit, but keep the absolute references.)
Where an item in A matches an item in B, a number will be returned, and
where there is no match you'll get a #N/A error.

Those errors are the items in column A unique to column A.

Dave

"Bec" wrote:

Hi

I have 2 columns of data with lots of data replicated in both columns,
I am trying to find out the data from column A that is not replicated
in Column B
ie:
Column A column B
cynthia olivia
olivia bob
bob bruce
greg greg
judy Sam
gwen

so the answer I'm looking for in the above example would be cynthia,
judy and gwen as they only appear in column A and not in column B. I
do not need to know about Bruce or Sam as they are in column B but not
in column A - if that makes sensse.

Thanks for any help
Cat