Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
travldc travldc is offline

Default Switching printes in Excel

I am experiencing a wierd problem. On our corporate network I have a PC
which experiences 40 to 60 sec. delays when switching printers. This issue
only occurs in Excel. Word and Outlook and all other programs work normally.
It does not matter if switching from local to network or back again or
network to network printer, it still hangs for a looong time. I have
completely deleted all the printers and their driveers adn re-install with no
change. network connections are good and all mapped drives open instantly
(including drives on the same Server which acts as the print server). Has
anyone encountered this and/or have an idea of how to fix it.
THX