Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brandon P[_2_] Brandon P[_2_] is offline

Default Grouping by the hour

I did exactly what you described, but it says, "Cannot Group That Selection"
when I attempt to group it. (I am attempting to group it by right-clicking on
the header "time" and selecting "group")

Do you know how I can resolve this? Is it the format of the time. The
datasheet that this is coming from has the cells format as the time shown in
the table.

TIA,

-Brandon P

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Make a pivot table of the data, with time in the row area and (sum of) usage
in the data area. Group the time field by hours:

Sum of usage
time Total
8 AM 0
9 AM 6
10 AM 3
11 AM 3
12 PM 1
1 PM 4
2 PM 2
Grand Total 19

Make a chart from this data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Brandon" wrote in message
I would like to bar chart a room usage count by the hour. When the room is
checked anytime during the hour it is added to the total for the hour. On
the
"Y" axis is the room usage count and on the "X" axis is the hour of the
day.
How should I go about doing this, considering the data below? (e.g. a bar
would extend to the point 9:00 AM and 6)

TIA for the help.

-Brandon P

time roomusagecount
8:41 AM 0