Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Search returning ans in terms of Rows & Columns

Then it's up to Will either to use XL2003 or find somebody who can solve this
task with worksheet functions!
Stefi

Dave Peterson ezt *rta:

If that UDF is gonna be used in a cell on a worksheet, then it won't work until
xl2002.

..Find doesn't work in xl2k and below if used in a function called from a cell on
a worksheet.

Stefi wrote:

That's another case!
I could solve it only with a UDF:

Public Function FindInRng(findrng As Range, ansrng As Range) As String
FindInRng = findrng.Find(What:=ansrng.Value, After:=findrng(1),
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Address(False, False)
End Function

Usage (answer being in G1):

=findinrng(A1:F2,$G$1)

Adjust A1:F2 range to your needs!

Regards,
Stefi

âžWill❠ezt Ã*rta:

stefi,

wat if i have a few rolls of number?

A B C D E F
1 5 6 7 8 9 10
2 11 12 13 19 20 21

i wan my ans to show; number 8 belong to D,1

I try to use ur formula but I cant get the result

"Stefi" wrote:

If your answer is in A2, then
=ADDRESS(1,MATCH($A$2,A1:F1,0),4,1)

gives C1.

Regards,
Stefi

âžWill❠ezt Ã*rta:

Hi,

Can excel search which cells my answers belong to?

example:
A B C D E F
4 2 3 6 7 9

Lets say my ans is "3"