Ken Wright

LOL - Glad you got sorted :-)

The *.xlb is in fact the toolbar customisation file, but in XL2K seems to be
quite susceptible to corruption. It was a common problem for quite some
time. Just one of those annoying things. It isn't replaced with a
reinstall so that doesn't help, and people get extremely frustrated with it.
You obviously lose your customisations but people don't normally care at
this point.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

wrote in message
Ken,

Thank you very much. I will never find that solution on my
own.

I deleted the file (about 570 KB). When I launched Excel
it asked for an addin and the new xlb file is only 8 kb.
For my curious mind, how did the xlb file got corrupted?

Again many thanks.

Ligaya