Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MH[_2_] MH[_2_] is offline

Default Merging Databases

Is there any reason you are not storing this "database" in a database?

MH

"archsmooth" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with several columns of data but only have one common
alphanumeric column type, combining in Worksheet 3. I want to keep all
Worksheet 1 (new) data. If Worksheet 2 (old) has duplicate in comparable
column, then only keep Worksheet 1 data. If not, then old data columns
retained. As a bonus, the new worksheet would separate the data. I guess
all
I really need is the Worksheet 2 filtered data, since all of Worksheet 1
will
be retained.