Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Clark Clark is offline

Default Rounding times to the nearest 15 minutes in Excel

Great answer. This is my first day on these boards and I have learned so
much. Killer response.
--
Clark

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try one of these:

For a time in A1

This one rounds to the NEAREST multiple of 15 minutes
B1: =MROUND(A1,1/24/4)

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

or
This one does the same thing as the MROUND function, but doesn't need the
ATP installed:
B1: =ROUND(A1*(24*4),0)/(24*4)

or
This one rounds UP to the NEXT multiple of 15 minutes
B1: =CEILING(A1,1/24/4)

Note:
24*4 equals the number of 15 min intervals in a day
1/24/4 equals on fourth of one 24th of a day

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"BuckeyeWMV" wrote:

How do I round times to the nearest 15 minutes. I have a time in cell A1
(7:53) and would like the rounded time to be in B2 (rounded to 8:00).