Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default how to copy down formulars into same column by a row left to r

=INDEX($B$1:$P$1,,ROWS($A$1:A1))

copied down will return what's in B1, C1, D1 and so on until P1, adapt to
fit accordingly

Peo Sjoblom

"Holly" wrote in message
I try to copy all headings from one row in a tab, to a column in another
tab,
I know how to do transpose paste from copy & paste function, but I need to
set up a formula in the column, so I could drag down the formula to get
the
all headings if there's any changes in the headings.
Thanks, Holly

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

I think you need to explain more, give an example of a formula
and what you mean by copying down from left to right?
My guess is that you want to copy a formula to the right in the same row
but
somehow use the cells going down in a column

=INDEX($A:$A,COLUMNS($A:A))

will return what's in A1, A2, A3 and so on when copied to the right

Post back if that's not the case

Peo Sjoblom

"Holly" wrote in message
Try to copy down formulars into a column from a row from left to right