Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Christine Dam Bendiksen Christine Dam Bendiksen is offline

Default Adding a secondary value axis

Great thread, but it doesn't quit solve my problem. I'd like the bars to be
next to eachother instead of stacked. I have looked through all the links,
but it seems they all explain how to stack columns...

thanks,
Christine

"Andy Pope" skrev:

To stop overlapping when using column charts and secondary axis you need
to lay your data out slightly differently.

See here for pages on the subject
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

lbb wrote:
Oooh, great catch. Well, changing the chart type gets me the Axis tab, and I
can add the secondary axis, but now the bars are superimposed on one another,
which isn't what I want (or what anybody would want, I suppose). Oh well.
Guess you just can't make this feature work in Excel.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

The Shape tab suggests that the chart type is one of the 3d types, in
which case you can not use the secondary axis.

Cheers
Andy

lbb wrote:

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Amanda -

First, you need at least two data series. Then, select one, choose Format
Selected Data Series | Axis | Secondary Axis.

I also have Excel 2003, and this answer -- which is right straight out of
the help file -- does not work for me. Specifically, there IS no "Axis"
option. When I go to Format - Selected Data Series, I get the following
tabs: Patterns, Shape, Data Labels, Series Order, and Options. There is no
"Axis" tab.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info