Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default forcing refresh links

My solution is not complete! It works only if linked workbooks are ALL
closed! Any idea how to handle the case when some of them are just open?

Stefi

€˛Stefi€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi Dave,

You won! Creating an event that keeps looking for closing workbooks seems a
bit complicated. But anyway, many thanks, because you put me in the right
direction:

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _
ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources, _
Type:=xlExcelLinks
End Sub

of WB A does the trick, because WB B must be the active workbook when I
close it, and having it closed WB A becomes the active workbook, either
automatically or clicking on it. It's satisfactory to have WB A refreshed
when it becomes active next time.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Stefi€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

€˛Dave Peterson€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

You could always use:
Edit|links|Update values

But I bet you're looking for something more automatic.

Maybe you could have some application event that looks for a workbook that's
closing and then cycles through all the other workbooks and does that same
function.

I don't see anything that's built into excel that would do this automatically.

Stefi wrote:

Hi All,

I have a link in WB A to WB B. When I change the source cell in WB B (it
contains a Boolean value) from FALSE to TRUE, link is refreshed in WB A. But
when I close WB B without saving (keeping the unchanged source value FALSE),
link in WB A is refreshed only when I reopen WB A. My question is that can I
somehow force refreshing link immediately when I close WB B without saving?

Thanks,
Stefi

--

Dave Peterson