frankjh19701 frankjh19701 is offline
Member

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Here's a revised interp on your orig. post and a way to achieve the multiple
returns for any one set of inputs ..

Sample construct available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/565184
Multi returns for matching multi criteria.xls

Assuming source data in cols A to E, from row2 down

Inputs will be entered in say, G2:J2 eg:
Petro, Penn, Transport, 4496

Put in K2:
=IF(ROW(A1)COUNT(L:L),"",INDEX(E:E,SMALL(L:L,ROW( A1))))

Put in L2:
=IF(AND((A2=$G$2)*(B2=$H$2)*(C2=$I$2)*(D2=$J$2)),R OW(),"")
Leave L1 blank

Select K2:L2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of source data.
Hide away col L. Col K will return the required results from col E, all
neatly bunched at the top.
--
Max
Singapore
"frankjh19701" wrote in message

I have both text in some cells and numbers in others across a row and I
want to find a formula that will allow me to determine IF
pre-determined criteria matches each other across the row, then return
the result of the next cell in the row. For Example:

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C COLUMN D COLUMN E
Petro Penn Transport 4496 0.25

I would like a formula that will find for every time there is "Petro"
in Column A, and "Penn" in Column B, and "Transport" in Column C, and
"4496" in Column D give me the vaule of Column E.

Note: There are about 150 different choice for Column A. There are
about 70 different choices for Column B. , about 10 different choices
for Column C. , about 200 choices for Column D, and infinite choices
for Column E.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

--
frankjh19701
O.K. I've got a new question on this old problem. What if I wanted to add up the values the formula found? For ex.