Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m tim m is offline

Default How do I generate a total cost for user selected rows?

What do you have in mind as far as these subsets are concerned? Can you give
a specific example perhaps with just a small sample of fictional data?

"DLund" wrote:

I'd like to create a price table with vendors across the top and products
down the side so that at any given time we could pick a subset of products
and have the worksheet calculate the total cost of those products from each
vendor. I think I can do it with an IF command for each product and vendor,
but that seems like a lot of work for something that I suspect must have an
easier solution. Any suggestions?