Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Mike is offline

Default Guess my number game for kids.

I've only addressed your latter point because you say your OK with the rest
so counting guesses is easy. Right click the sheet tab with your game in and
paste this code in

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Cells(1, 4).Value = Cells(1, 4).Value + 1
End Sub

It uses D1 so you may wish to change it. Reset the number when the children
get the correct answer by manually changing it to zero. Excel won't interpret
this as a reclaculate and set it to 1.

Mike

"Honey" wrote:

Hi all,

I could do with some help please. I want to create a game for my
Primary school class to play.

I want Excel to generate a random number( between 1 and 100) and then
for the children to enter guesses as the number and excel to return
the answers too high, too low and correct..... I think I am ok with
doing this but I want to keep track of how many attempts they need to
find the number. Does anyone know if Excel is able to do this and how?

Thanks very much and I hope you all have an excellent easter.

Honey