Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default On time arrival

try
= max(0,B1-A1)
this will keep negatives from happening

"Richard" wrote:

A1: Scheduled Arrival Time
B1: Actual Arrival Time

In C1, I would like to compute the difference between scheduled and arrival
times so I can address or look into any major delays. So far, I'm golden as
long as B1<A1 because this is a positive number. However, I get a weird
result of ###### when B1A1 because it is technically a negative number.

Any ideas on how I can write a formula to compute these negative values? Any
other suggestions for identifying late arrivals? Your help is appreciated.
Please not visual basic since I am a rookie with Excel.

Thanks

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.