Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default How do I use a formula to give me a cell reference in excel?

This should do what you request if you start in A1 and copy down:
=INDIRECT("Name!A" & (ROW()*3)-1)
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"CJWilson" wrote:

I want to be able to copy the following formula sequence down an excel sheet:
='By Name'!A2
='By Name'!A5
='By Name'!A8
But excel will not recognise the sequence. Can I
a) Do something so it will recognise it and copy it
or
b) Make the cell references the result of a formula e.g. ='By Name'!A(B1),
where B1 contains the reference I need.