Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Copying Formula

Ah, knew it couldn't be so simple. Pl post some specifics, what is the exact
formula in the starting cell you are trying to propagate, and in what manner
is it supposed to increment and/or skip action as you copy down, etc.

For example, if you have, say:

In C2: =IF(MOD(ROW(A1),2),SUM(A2:B2),"")

C2 copied down will return alternating cells which sum cols A and B,
viz you'd get the equivalent:
in C2: = SUM(A2:B2)
in C3: blank ("")
in C4: = SUM(A4:B4)
in C5: blank ("")
in C6: = SUM(A6:B6)
etc
--
Max
Singapore
"Nad" wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
But my problem is that i have to copy the formula more than thousand cells.
If i use this method, it means i have to copy+paste the formula more than
thousand (because i have to copy the formula one after other cell )times and
it will consume much time.

Please let me know if any other method to do that so that i can save my times.