Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
William Hamilton William Hamilton is offline

Default Salary data entry - circular reference a better way

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet which will be used to calculate salary
information.
Important columns a
Job Title - Current Salary - Proposed increase (%) - Proposed increase
($) - Proposed new salary

What has been requested by the client is to be able to select ether a
% or $ change to salary and have each column reflect the change. eg:
% increase updates $ increase and salary and $ increase changes %
and salary.

It is possible by introducing a circular reference but this is a _bad_
thing from all accounts. What other options would I have?

tia

Thanks for everyones input - I ended up basing my solution on the code
provided by Toppers - A special thanks to you Topper.

I had done some VBA within Access apps but not much within Excel -
events are great!