Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cyndiwise notsowise cyndiwise notsowise is offline

Default Calculate next number using dates?

Here's what I'm trying to do:
Using Excel's date serial numbers, create a unique value for every instance
of the same date in a column.

For instance, if there are two instances of the date 5/9/2004 in the same
column, then I want to display a value similar to this in the same row of a
different column: 38116.01 for one instance, and with the next instance
having this value: 38116.02. This value should increase incrementally by .01
every time a new instance of the same date is added to the column.

I hope this makes sense and that it's possible with a formula, not a macro.
Thanks in advance for your help!