Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Howdego Howdego is offline

Default expand spreadsheet to fit the screen

Got it! The workbook was protected. When I unprotected it, the spreadsheet
window added the cells to fill the screen. Now i have to learn how to
protect it and not have the problem again.

Thanks all for your help.

"John" wrote:

check toolsprotectionworkbook to make sure it is not protected and then try
to maximise again
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Howdego" wrote:

My view is normal and the and app and workbook windows are fully expanded
(douple window shown in the resize box). When I select a portion of the
worksheet and zoom to fit the selection, the highlighted section shrinks to
fill only a portion of the existing small window section. No Joy!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

First make sure you have:
View Normal and not PageBreak

Next make sure the Excel app and workbook windows are fully expanded

Next select the range of cells you would like to see without scrolling and:
View Zoom... Fit selection

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713