JulieD

Hi

trailing spaces? calculation set to manual? VLOOKUP function without fourth
parameter set to FALSE ... would be my first guesses -
are we talking about two sheets or two workbooks?

.... if all else fails, if you'ld like to zip the file up and email direct to
me, i'll be happy to take a look (julied at hcts dot net dot au)

cheers
JulieD

"Lacklustre" wrote in message
I have two sheets, and a vlookup to pull a contact name from one based on a
6
digit number. I get an N/A error all the time. BUT if i manually cut and
past
the lookup value into the other sheet and overwrite the same number, the
formula works. I have tried copying formatting from one to the other etc
etc
and it still won't work unless i copy the number across. Both files are
the
same version. If i copy the number to get it to work, but then overtype
with
the same number, it fails again !

Any ideas?