Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Dates not formatting on Chart

When you state: " I have formatted all of the of dates to display as
mm/dd/yyyy but it is not changing the dates" do you mean the DATA from which
the charts are made or the AXIS of a chart?

Double click an x-axis and look in the Number tab to see that format the
chart uses.
Change to a date format if it is set to something else
You can use custom formats such as mmm-dd, dd-mmm etc
Maybe experiment with "link to source"

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Angelsweetie" wrote in message
I have some spreadsheets linked to each other and the data is being
displayed
in some charts. Now, when I look at the dates on the bottom of the chart,
it
is displaying 39095 and several other numbers. I have formatted all of the
of
dates to display as mm/dd/yyyy but it is not changing the dates. I have
enter
in my information again and I am still not having any luck. I really don't
want to have to build these charts again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks