Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel 2007 to Web

Philip

If you want dynamics you will need to either

1) Use MOSS 07 with Excel Services, whereby you can publish the workbook,
worksheet, one chart,one cell etc with FULL fidelity
2) Write a web app

OWC (Office web components) were deprecated in 2007 in favour of 1)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"Philip" wrote in message
I am trying to create a web page from an excel 2007 workbook. When I save
it
to .html or .mht format it won't open in a web browser. Also, I am not
able
to publish it directly.

It is a fairly complicated workbook (accesses a data source, has a chart,
drop downs, etc.). Is this even possible. From all my searching on the
internet it seems that I need 3rd party software to convert this directly
into some dynamic web page. Also, it seems SharePoint 07 would do it, but
we
only WSS here at work.

I just wanted to explore all my options before I go back to my boss and
tell
him the big fancy workbook he's been working on all week will have to just
be
rewritten by me as a web application.

I hope I don't have to do that...