Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel 2007 Severe Performance Problems

You'll need to narrow down your scope to specific issues as it could be many
and different for each one

For slow calc'ing try turning off multi-threading calculation under Office
ButtonExcel OptionsAdvancedFormulas

Also for speed the xlsb file format is optimised but there will be drawbacks
such as larger files, no access to xml components to back-end systems, etc.

Post back with other specifics if necessary

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"jkmelancon" wrote in message
When running various workbooks that ran without incident as Excel 2003
applications I am experiencing slow-downs and lack of "resource" halts
running the same workbooks now saved as Excel 2007 applications.

These are moderate to small excel applications by corporate standards,
with
just simple sort macros, and they are running on a strong workstation,
under
Vista Ultimate.

The problem is severe. I basically cannot effectively run day to day
required spreadsheets. Anyone have any ideas?-
J. Melancon