Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leecee Leecee is offline

Default excel problem...

hi there max...
sorry still stuck....

um heres ma data....
First Name (A1) Last Name(b1) Salesperson Sheet
Ben Tamara
Chris Samuelson
LIsa George
Ngaire Hoben
Nihal tim
Tane newton
Zack mann

want to transfer this information to a sheet called payroll.......

Sorry about this.....your help is very much appreciated....
Thanks
"Max" wrote:

Assume source data in Sheet1, cols A and B
(first names in col A, last names in col B)

In Sheet2,
First names are entered in A2 down
Put in B2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet1!B :B,MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)))
Copy down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"Leecee" wrote:
hi there
im wondering if any can help me out here....my problem is that i have data
that i want to transfer to another worksheet..the data is the first name and
when i type this out on the other worksheet it should come up with the last
name on the next column....e.g tim warren...if i type tim in the first name
column than warren should come up on the last name column.....if i type a
name that is not known it should come up blank...and so on....
any help is wanted...
Thanks