Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Random Number Generator - Multiple, Non-repeating, results

In article . com,
"Bernd" wrote:

Hmm, if it comes to speed, IMHO VBA should not be used in this
"pathological" case anyway. A simple worksheet formula would do...

Sure. You could say that about most VBA UDFs, though - far more
efficient to implement in XL. The UDF overhead is a killer.

But since the branch for a single cell doesn't add more than a
nanosecond or two, and a dozen or so bytes, my thought was to allow for
the pathological. Won't argue it's right or wrong, just the style I
chose.