Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pwink44 pwink44 is offline

Default When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a g

Dave, not ignoring your advice, I have not been back to the PC that is the
culprit.
tks, pwink44

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

pwink44 wrote:

When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a grey blank
workbook. I then have to go to "File"--Open-- select the file and then it
will open. Any help on how to open the file from Windows Explore with out
having to go thru the process twice??

--

Dave Peterson