Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Validation - Narrowing down choices

I am building a template and one area is a series of 5 questions that need to
be answered using validation lists. The first is "machine brand" then
"machine type" then "machine size" then "machine spacing" then "machine
platen size". The problem is not all machine brands offer the same specs. For
example, "brand X" may offer a 200, 300, 400ton while "brand Y" offers a 225,
350, 450 ton. This is the same concept for all 4 sub-categories. My desire is
for the user to select "machine brand" then have the second validation list
only offer the "machine size" that pertains to that brand. This would be the
same format/concept for all 4 questions. I am somewhat new to validation
lists, but have successfully used dozens already in this file. I am not
sophisticated enough to do what I want and need help. Thanks, Jamie