Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Formula to calculate differences between dates??

=AVERAGE(B1:B3-A1:A3)

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Lisa" wrote:

MORE SPECIFICALLY....
All in one formula, I would like to calucate the average of the differences
between the dates between A & B (where B is a later date), for 200 rows.
Date cells are formatted as dates. I don't need a column that displays the
difference between each date, just the average at the end.

A B
1 02-Mar-07 04-Mar-07
2 04-Mar-07 09-Mar-07
3 08-Mar-07 13-Mar-07
4 27-Mar-07 29-Mar-07

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.