Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Thanks Mike...Is it possible to do this for a range of cells at once?? I
don't want to display the difference between the dates separately, just the
average at the end?

"Mike" wrote:

Simply subtract one date from the other to get the difference in days.
e.g. =(A1-B1) where A1 and B1 are dates

Excel will want to change the format of the cell that does this to a date
but change it back to general to get the difference in days.

To average delivery times is simply =average(c1:c10)

Mike

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.