kei

Thank for your reply!
How to preformat the cell as 'Text'?, I have try to new a sheet and set the
column format as 'Text' then open the .csv, but the 4/5 is still treated as
Date,
for solution 2 ('4/5), I afraid our user will not accept.

Thx!!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
either preformat the cell as 'Text' or enter this value with a leading
apostrophe. e.g.
'4/5

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"kei" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a .csv file with some number like 4/5 (x/y), but when open in

Excel,
it automatically transfer to a date, how to prevent this and preserve

the
original format (x/y)? (In fact, even I type 4/5 in a cell, it will
automatically change to a Date, how to prevent it?)
I'm using Excel 2002 version

Thx!!